“A solid actor who composes and performs music – can’t beat that.” —Warren Gerds (2017)
Welcome to the official page for performer/composer/scholar Scott McKenna Campbell. Please look around to see some press, hear representative work samples, and get an idea of the art that most excites me.
Recognition: A Wisconsin Theatre: Best Designers of 2017 pick by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Mike Fischer for composition and music direction of Door Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night.
UW Division of the Arts recipient of the 2019 Lyman S.V. Judson & Ellen Mackechnie Judson Graduate Student Award in the Creative Arts for musical composition. Awarded bi-annually to “a graduate student who has achieved excellence in their field” and has “made the greatest contribution to the field(s) of study covered.”
Broadway World Appleton 2018 winner of Best Actor in a Play (Professional) for Much Ado About Nothing at Door Shakespeare. “Nominations were reader-submitted and voted on by you – the local theatergoers!”
Current/Upcoming Projects :
- Merry Wives of Windsor; Shallow, Composer/Music Director; Door Shakespeare (Summer 2019)
- Henry V; Westmoreland, Composer/Music Director; Door Shakespeare (Summer 2019)
- Maid Marian: An Adventure with Music; Composer; The Ohio Shakespeare Festival (Fall 2019)
- The Greatest War; Actor/Musician; New Work (Fall 2019)
- Dissertation Research; University of Wisconsin-Madison